Back to News
CORONAVIRUS - UPDATE
Posted on 21 Sep 2020
The NHS is still here for you. NHS premises are safe. If you are called for an appointment, please make sure you attend. We have put in place rigorous infection control measures to keep patients and staff safe.
· Please contact your GP if you need medical advice. You may be offered a telephone, video or online consultation, as they are now all available across NW London practices. We may ask you to send us pictures. If you are called in for a face to face consultation, please follow the guidance your practice will provide, so that your care is as safe as we can make it. You may also use e-consultation - please see our website.
· Talk before you walk. If you think you need to see a GP or hospital doctor, it is best if you call ahead – either phone your GP surgery or 111 - please use 111 online in the first instance as this will be quicker. In a medical emergency, call 999.
· We have learnt a lot from these new ways of working and they will be a part of how you access your GP in the future. You can help us by supporting everyone in your family to use the technology.
· Covid-19 is still in the community and you need to remain alert in order to safeguard yourself, your family and your community.
· Wash your hands frequently, with soap and water, for 20 seconds.
· Remember to ‘social distance’ when in public areas – keep at least 2 metres away from people you don’t live with, if you can.
· Wear a face covering on public transport, in shops and in supermarkets
· If you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss of/change in taste or smell): get tested. You can book a free test today https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
· Information and support is available for people who are recovering from covid-19, their families and carers. You can access information about recovering from Covid-19 here https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/.